Monday, May 16, 2011

My Favorite Sites to Snag a Deal

Below is a list of sites I love and use as often as possible.

If you're not a member of any of these sites, please click on the site name and sign up through my link (and comment to let me know you did.)  If a site that you love isn't on the list, please share it with me in the comments section so that I can sign up through your link.

Groupon
  • What is it?  It's a website that other companies partner with to offer fantastic deals (usually between 50% to 90% off) to customers.  
  • Why do I love it?  
    • The discounts are unbeatable.  
    • It's extremely user-friendly!  
    • "The Groupon Promise" insures you'll walk away a happy customer and if not, you're entitled to a refund, no questions asked.
    • You don't have to repeatedly put in your debit/credit card number.  Once you see a Groupon you like, click purchase and then confirm and you're good to go.
    • The iPhone App!  Download this free App to your iPhone and not only will you never miss a deal, you'll also never have to remember to print your purchase ticket to use it.  Just show the business your phone upon redemption.  It's that easy!
    • Keeps track of your purchased Groupons so you can see which ones are expiring soon (many are good for one year).
    • The diversity of the deals!  For example, some of my purchases over the past year include:  $30 worth of sushi for $15; $25 for $50 worth of classes at a local arts center; $20 worth of electronics' gear at an online retailer for $10; $100 worth of photography products at Picaboo online for $35; $20 worth of miniature goal for the family for $10... and much more!

  • What is it?  Swagbucks is an online site where you earn Swagbucks for doing things like searching the web, taking online polls, or purchasing one of their daily deals and then redeem the Swagbucks on TONS of stuff.
  • Why do I love it?  I love being "rewarded" for things I'm doing already and this site is designed to do just that. 
    • Searching the Internet:  Rather than using Google, I've put Swagbucks on my browser toolbar for easy access and use it just as I would Google.  I earn tons of Swagbucks this way.
    • Groupon + Swagbucks = One Happy Jackie!  When I see a Groupon I want to purchase, rather than purchasing it through the Groupon site, I swing over to Swagbucks, click on their "daily deals" section and see if it's listed (the majority of the time it is).  Click on the Groupon through the Swagbucks site and let it direct you to the Groupon site.  Once directed, purchase your Groupon as usual.  The difference?  You just earned between 160 to 440 Swagbucks!  Seriously... tell me that doesn't make you happy.
    • The Rewards:  I've saved the best part for last, duh.  There are too many rewards to name, but my personal favorite are the gift cards.  A $5 e-giftcard to Amazon.com is only 450 Swagbucks right now.  So, you know that awesome Groupon you just saved a lot of money on?  Well, you may have just earned yourself enough for a $5 giftcard in the process, making that deal even sweeter.

  • What is it?  This site is a lot like Groupon, only rather than offering up to three deals per day, it tends to offer one deal per day plus daily traveling deals, known as daily escapes.
  • Why do I love it?
    • Like Groupon, it's very user friendly.  
    • Only need to put in payment info once.
    • iPhone App (just like Groupon's) making it extremely convenient to make purchases and to redeem them
    • If three friends purchase the same deal (using your referral link) that you've just purchased--you receive yours free!  How great is that?  
    • Great variety of deals.  For example, in the past few months I've purchased $20 worth of mexican food at a place I already know I enjoy for just $10 and a one-hour private horseback riding session for only $17 (regularly $35) which I'll use to help cross off #16 on My 30 Before 30 List.

  • What is it?  Edhance is a site for current students only in which you can save money at businesses (either locally or online) that you're already using anyway!  My favorite part?  Savings comes in the form of discounts and/or cash back!
  • Why do I love it?  Remember when I posted on The ABCs of Being a Student and told you to take advantage of every possible discount you can get just by being a student?  This is one of those and it's huge!
    • Hundreds of popular retailers have partnered with this site to offer exclusive deals to students who go through the Edhance website to make their purchases.  There are way too many to list, but just looking at the front page of the site right now I can see that:
      • Target.com is currently offering 5% cash back
      • 1.800 flowers is currently offering 10% cash back
      • iTunes is currently offering 4% cash back
    • You can use multiple discounts/deals during your purchase.  For example, I just purchased two pairs of shoes for my son on shoes.com through the Edhance website.  I saved 20% on my order immediately upon purchase (a $14 savings).  Then, within 3 business days my Edhance account was credited $4.48 in cash back.  Thanks to the fact that I didn't have to choose between the 20% off the company was currently offering or my cash back reward, I was able to save even more.  LOVE it!
    • Sign up through my link above and receive an additional $5 cash back upon your first purchase!

  • What is it?  Zulily is a website that features different brands of clothing and toys for children (and occasionally women) at highly discounted prices..
  • Why do I love it?
    • The discounts!  Boutique clothing at retail prices!
    • They have the CUTEST clothes for kids.
    • The clothes tend to be very unique in style so chances are your kid is the only one wearing that adorable shirt.
    • The stores/boutiques they partner with and highlight change daily so if you don't see something you like today, no problem -- just check back tomorrow!
    • It's a great way to discover new brands!
    • They'll occasionally offer free shipping and/or partner with other sites like Groupon to make the deals even more amazing.  

Happy Shopping!
Note:  I was not compensated in any way for this post.  These opinions are are strictly my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment