Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Birthday Boy (And Some Apparently Angry Birds)

Okay, so yet again I have super sucked at blogging lately.  I didn't realize it had been over a month since I'd posted until just looking back at the dates.  WOW, November flew by!

Okay--catch up post.  Where to start, where to start....

OH, What was it that The King said in Alice in Wonderland? 

"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end:  then stop."

Yes, I suppose that's what I'll do.  And the beginning (of where we left off) would be Madd's birthday!  I still can't believe that yet another birthday party is in the books and that my little man is now a six year old.  [sigh]

His actual birthday was on a school day, so we started out with surprise birthday chocolate-chip pancakes (complete with birthday candle, of course)!

**Note, I made the pancakes myself.  If you're thinking, "Um SO?" well.... then first of all you can kiss it (and I think we all know what that "it" is) and second of all, it's obvious that you've never read this post.  Judge me if you must.**

Where was I?  Oh yes, I made pancakes.  At 6am.  Because that's just what I do I only have one kid and I guess I can sacrifice a little sleep to burn prevail in the perpetration of pancake perfection!

So rub those eyes and wake up birthday boy....



"Maddy, smile for mommy."
He smiled, but those eyes still weren't ready to open.



The day after his birthday was his party.  It was honestly the least stressful birthday party we've ever thrown for him.  For once, I felt like I got to enjoy the party too.  Usually I'm running from one end of a room to another, so it was nice to sit back and soak it all in.  

Here's a few snapshots from his special day, including a few pictures of his cake I promised I'd share.

Here's daddy with his birthday boy on the water inflatable.
He helped all the kids across (and okay, threw a few off too!)



After about two hours of swimming, we headed upstairs.

Something tells me this was the last birthday 
we'll have to read his birthday cards to him.

[Another sigh.]



And here's the cake and party favor table.



[Sorry about the poor quality of the cake close-ups.  
I took them at the house before the party in a hurry.]





Photo-op while waiting on mommy to light the candles.
I can't help but wonder what he wished for.... 
Oh, how I hope all his wishes come true!



But for now, a more serious question.
Who gets to eat which Angry Bird/Green Pig?



As you can tell by that half exhausted, but ear-to-ear grin, 
my little man had a wonderful time.
And with six birthday parties under my belt, 
I'm beginning to feel like an old pro!


Again, thank you to everyone for sticking with me through my bloggy-blahs, which I'm slowly trying to escape from.  

And a special thank you to my newest readers who found my blog by happening upon my DIY Angry Birds Invitations post and have taken me up on my offer to email me and ask for the Invitation PDF.  It makes me so unbelievably giddy to know that someone is actually taking the time to read a little bit about what's going on in our lives.  

So again, thank you so much.
And yes, if you're reading this right now I'm talking about YOU!
So quit being modest because you really rock my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment