Tonight I crossed my first movie off the list.
Meet The Godfather. He's a nice guy, loves his family, and takes business seriously.
How would I sum up the movie?
In one word: long.
In three words: good, but long.
Rather than going into some typically boring movie review and pretending people will read it, I'd like to tell you a few things you may not know about the movie courtesy of, you guessed it, IMDB.
- The body count in the movie is 18 (including the horse).
- Speaking of that famous horse scene, the head used was real. It was obtained from a dog-food factory. (Yuck!)
- The film was shot in only 62 days.
- Marlon Brando stuffed his cheeks with cotton wool during his audition for Don Corleone to make him look like a bulldog. For the actual movie the actor wore a mouthpiece to get his well-known look.
- The cat held by the Godfather in his famous opening scene was a stray Marlon Brandon found on the studio lot.
- Marlon Brando apparently refused to learn the script and read most of his lines from cue cards.
So, 1 down 99 to go to reach my goal! Think I'll make it?