Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Godfather

As you may have read, #22 on My 30 Before 30 List is to watch 100 of IMDB's Top 250 Movies.  

Tonight I crossed my first movie off the list.  

Meet The Godfather.  He's a nice guy, loves his family, and takes business seriously.  


How would I sum up the movie? 
In one word:  long.  
In three words:  good, but long.

Rather than going into some typically boring movie review and pretending people will read it, I'd like to tell you a few things you may not know about the movie courtesy of, you guessed it, IMDB.
  1. The body count in the movie is 18 (including the horse).
  2. Speaking of that famous horse scene, the head used was real.  It was obtained from a dog-food factory.  (Yuck!)
  3. The film was shot in only 62 days.
  4. Marlon Brando stuffed his cheeks with cotton wool during his audition for Don Corleone to make him look like a bulldog.  For the actual movie the actor wore a mouthpiece to get his well-known look.  
  5. The cat held by the Godfather in his famous opening scene was a stray Marlon Brandon found on the studio lot.  
  6. Marlon Brando apparently refused to learn the script and read most of his lines from cue cards.  

So, 1 down 99 to go to reach my goal!  Think I'll make it?  

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!!!!!! This totally made my day! I'm so happy that you are a blogger, now I can keep up with you! By the way, Greg and I are moving back to LR this summer. We've got to hang out! I was actually telling some students about you the other day because the song "When You Believe" came on and I was like, "Jackieeeeeeeeeeeeee!" They thought I was crazy ha! Anyways, really happy that everything seems to be going well for you (and that you're blogging about it too)! Tell you're mom hi for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you're doing this! It sounds so much like something I would do...in fact, maybe I'll steal this idea and start watching IMDB's greatest hits as well. Of course, I'll give credit where credit is due :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to see the Godfather just so I could "get" jokes in tv shows! It's such a "guy" movie -- like Alien -- you have to be a guy to understand and appreciate it. But worth seeing! See The Princess Bride next. I love that movie!!

    ReplyDelete