Sunday, June 19, 2011

I've Missed Couponing :)

Two years ago, during my summer break from school, I started couponing to see what all the fuss was about.

Let me tell you, I freaking loved it.  I thought it was so much fun!

But, because I stay so busy with school I haven't clipped a coupon since the summer of 2009.  However, since I'm not working this summer and am only taking evening classes I decided to pick it back up again.

For me, it's a really neat hobby.  I am always looking for deals and to try new products so if I can do that without breaking the bank, I'm thrilled.  Plus, it makes me feel like I'm somehow "contributing" to the income around here even though I'm still in school.

Just like the last time I couponed, I'm not sure how long I can keep it up considering that once the fall semester rolls around, by my calculation, I will be spending a minimum of 68 hours a week either clerking at the firm, sitting in class, or studying.  :(  But, I promise to enjoy it while it lasts!

Today we were out and about so I made my first coupon trips in two years and thought I'd share my deals.

Walgreens #1


The G-Fit Series is on sale this week at Walgreens so I picked them up for the hubs. :)


Items Purchased:  Prime 01: $1.50; Perform 02:  $1.00; Recover 03:  $2.25
No Coupons
 Total out of pocket:  $5.25
Received a $5 mail-in-rebate
Overall Total:  25¢
[Savings of $5]

Walgreens #2

Walgreens' deal this week:
Buy $10 worth of Suave Products and Receive a $3 Register Reward
Items Purchased:  4 Suave Body Washes @ $2/each + 1 Suave Deodorant @ $2
Total Before Coupons = $10.90
Used 3 Manufacturer Coupons:  2 x Buy 1 Get 1 Free Body Wash + 1 x 50¢ off Deodorant
Total Out of Pocket = $4.40
Received $3 Register Reward (good for next purchase)
Overall Total:  $1.40
[Savings of $9.50]

Target


Items Purchased:  2 @ $3.64 each
2 MC Used:  1 x Buy 1 Get 1 Free + 1 x 75¢ off
Overall Total:  $3.49
[Savings of $4.39]


Today's Totals
Purchase Price (before coupons):  $24.01
Out of Pocket:  $10.14
Rebates & RRs:  $8.00
Total Spent - Rebates & RR =  $5.87
Savings of:  $18.14 (or 75.56%)

Not too bad considering I'm very rusty!

No comments:

Post a Comment