Tuesday, June 28, 2011

How To Create a Facebook Page for your Blog & Import Your Posts

Today I set out to create a Facebook Page for my blog and to import my blog posts onto my Page.  Unfortunately, this was slightly more complicated than initially anticipated.  But, after searching Facebook (and the internet) for a little while I was able to figure it out.

If you're interested in setting up a Facebook Page for your blog and/or having your posts imported never fear!

I'll walk you through it!

How to Set up a Facebook Page for Your Blog

1:  Log out of your personal Facebook Account.  This will take you to the home screen.  Toward the very bottom, right below the green "sign up" button, click Create a Page.


2:  Select Brand or Product.


3:  Select Website and enter your blog name (which will be the name of your page).  Select Get Started.


4:  Then you'll be asked to create a Facebook account.  If you have one already, simply enter your login information.  If not, take a minute to create an account.

You'll then be directed to your new Facebook Page (yay!) where you can upload a picture, enter your basic information, etc.  Your page is now officially set up.  


Importing Your Blog Posts to Your Facebook Page

But now, it's time to add your blog to your page so that when you publish a new blog post, it's automatically updated on your Facebook page.  (This was the part that made me want to pull my hair out.  But now that I know how to do it, it won't be difficult to explain.)

1:  Click Edit Info.  (It's difficult to see, but it's directly under the words "Get Started.")


2:  Now, on the left-hand side of the page, select Apps.  


3:  Under the Notes heading, select Go to App.


4:  Then, on the left-hand side select Edit Import Settings.


5:  Then enter your blog URL.


6:  And confirm, and you're good to go!  Your previous blog posts will begin importing.  And from now on, your posts should automatically be uploaded to your Facebook page!  YAY!!

{Edit on 12.01.11:  It seems that sometimes Facebook is super fast about importing my posts and other times it takes it a bit.  Nevertheless, looking back it does appear that they are all importing on their own.  So, for me at least, the process explained here has been successful and it should be for you as well!}

{Edit on 01.17.12:  For some reason my last few posts have not been automatically importing.  I'm sure this has something to do with the fact that Facebook is--yet again--making changes (rolling out Timeline).  I'll keep paying attention to see if this is a problem that's only temporary.  Hopefully it is.}


Okay, so now is the part where I ask very nicely for you to LIKE My Facebook Page!  Pretty pretty please, with sugar on top?  I'll be your best friend!!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment