Thursday, June 30, 2011

What I Find Most Challenging About Blogging....

What do I find most challenging about blogging?  This is easy for me to answer, really.

.....just being myself....

In many ways, stepping into the blogging community in the year 2011 can be a lot like stepping into a new high school.

Everyone has their cliques, their groups, where they "belong."


"See her.... she's the cool girl."

"Her.... everyone LOVES her because she makes everyone laugh."

"Those girls, they're part of the group that only blogs about __________" [Fill in the blank:  parenting, being a stay-at-home mom, deals, being crafty, and the list goes on and on.]

In many ways, everyone has their friends.  They've carved out a place for themselves among them.  And this can be intimidating to "the new girl" despite how kind I've found many individuals in the blogging community to be.

It's difficult to begin a blog, know your goals, and then to visit the blogs that have already obtained those goals (and way more).

"Oh, well her blog is extremely successful and she does this.  Maybe I need to do that too if I want a successful blog."

"But she does that and everyone loves her blog.  Maybe I should blog about that."

No, I just need to be myself.  I need to blog about whatever I want to blog about, when I want to blog about it, and how I want to blog about it.

Sometimes my blog will be funny.

Sometimes it will be informative.

And sometimes, it may be ridiculous.

But that's me.

And ya know what?  



So just know that what you get when you read this blog is me.

And I hope that what I get when I read your blog is YOU.

My advice for the newbies of the future?  Don't worry about what others are doing.  There's room for all of us.

And of course, whether in the real world or the bloggy world, never forget.... 




This post idea came from Mama Kat's Writing Workshop.  
Be sure to stop by there for creative inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment