Monday, January 23, 2012

Thou Shalt Organize Thy Jewelry: How To Turn A Hanger Into Necklace Storage for $3

Saturday my mother, sister, and I decided to stop into this jewelry store in town.  When we walked in, we realized that almost EVERY piece of jewelry in there was 99¢.  Um, can we say costume jewelry HEAVEN?  This resulted in me purchasing about 8 necklaces, 2 rings, 1 bracelet, and some headbands.  

So, once I got home I realized that I seriously need to organize my jewelry.  I started going through it all, but I couldn't figure out what to do with my really long necklaces.  Then I remembered seeing a neat idea for a hanger turned necklace holder a few months back on Pinterest.  [[Shameless Plug:  Follow me on Pinterest by clicking here!]]

But, since I hadn't pinned it myself and couldn't find it, we had to wing it.  Nonetheless, I'm pretty darn pleased with how this sucker turned out.


Here's what you'll need to make this little beauty:
{1} A drill
{2} A tape measure & pen 
{3} A wooden hanger (Purchased a pack of four at Wal-Mart for $4)
{4} Two packs of hooks (Purchased at Wal-Mart for 98¢ each)

My hubby did all the work for this project, so I can't take any credit for the way it turned out.  It only took him a few minutes to complete it and he was finished before I'd realized he'd started.

First, he counted out how many hooks he wanted to use.  Mine has 16, but we probably could have fit 2-4 more on there.  Then he simply used the tape measure to make sure the hooks would be spaced out evenly, using a pen to mark where he wanted them.  Afterward, he drilled holes for the hooks and screwed them in.  Simple enough.  

Now, all of my necklaces are organized!  I have the jewelry hanger hung on a 3M Strip on the edge of the shelving in our bedroom closet and I love it!  My hubs even made my sister one.  Isn't he the sweetest?  *hold for 'awww'*

So, here she is all prettied up:

YAY!!

Bonus:  My son managed to take four pictures of himself with my iPhone without me noticing in the 35 seconds it took me to put my necklaces on the hanger.  So, I thought I'd share!


What a goofball!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment